Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
The Empress Lily is a refurbished steamboat that is permanently anchored in the Downtown Disney area at Walt Disney World. Years ago, the Empress Lily was an elegant restaurant inside of the steamboat. Now Fulton's Steakhouse has taken its place, but there are still a number of great recipes that came from the Empress Lily restaurant, and this is one of them.
- 6 slices firm good quality white bread, such as Pepperidge Farms
- melted butter
- 1 pint fresh oyster (from seafood department of market)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chablis
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- To make toast points:
- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Remove crusts from 6 slices of bread and lightly butter one side with melted butter. Place bread slices, buttered sides up, in a large shallow baking pan and cook until golden brown around edges, 6-8 minutes. Be sure to check often to make sure toast isn't getting too dark. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- When cool, cut each slice diagonally into 4 triangles. (Note: toast points can be made 1 day ahead and kept in an airtight container.).
- To make sauteed oysters:.
- Drain oysters and pick out any pieces of shell. Whisk the eggs and water in a small bowl. Dredge oysters in flour, dip them into the egg mixture, and then in crumbs. This may be done up to an hour in advance of cooking and kept refrigerated until ready to cook.
- Heat butter in skillet and saute chopped garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add oysters and brown on both sides, about 2 minutes. Remove oysters and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice, worcestershire, tabasco, wine and salt. Heat quickly over high heat. Place oysters on toast points and pour pan juices over oysters. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.