Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is truly a royal dish! I noticed there is another recipe with this name but my is different enough to warrant this posting. This is my version on my favorite take-out.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 lb large white mushroom, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green peas, frozen, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup cooked lean ham, diced
- 8 ounces vermicelli, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup sodium-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch gingerroot, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (or arrowroot)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cut chicken into 3/4 inch pieces, set aside.
- Pour oil into a COLD wok or skillet; add garlic and ginger. Place over low heat until garlic turns brown, 3-4 minutes. Remove and discard garlic and ginger.
- Increase heat to high. When oil is sizzling, add chicken pieces. Stir-fry until chicken turns white and becomes firm.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add wine. Simmer until wine evaporates, stirring often.
- Add mushrooms and celery and cook 1 minute.
- Add peas, ham, soy sauce, and broth.
- Stir together until hot throughtout.
- In small bowl combine cornstarch and water. Stir into chicken mixture.
- Cook, stirring, until liquid thicken.
- Serve over vermicelli.
- Now you have a dish fit for a Queen -- oh, I mean -- AN EMPRESS!