Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Vacationing in San Francisco, CA, I took a walking tour called "Emperor Norton's Fantastic San Francisco Time Machine". The tour guide was in character for the entire tour as one of San Francisco's beloved citizens of the late 1800's named Emperor Norton the First. While standing in front of one the city's ice cream parlors; he described a ice cream sundae served there that was named for him but had been discontinued. He gladly gave us the recipe and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do. I apologize for the picture, but I am sure you get the idea.
- Slice or dice 1/2 of a banana. Place in bottom of large goblet or sundae dish.
- Slice or dice 2 of the red ice cream cherries. Place on top of bananas.
- Place 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts on top of cherries.
- Top with small amount of whipped cream and fudge sauce.
- Put one scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Repeat steps 1 thru 4 and then add second scoop of ice cream
- Top with whipped cream, fudge sauce and 2 walnut halves.
- You can make this sundae as large or small as you like. I sliced and diced my bananas.