Recipe by KissKiss
Delicious savory Spanish turnovers that are a cinch to make. Adapted from The Essential Mediterranean Cookbook.
Top Review by Rita~
Ham and cheese goes so nice together. Then you add olives and in puff pastry! What more can you want. I served with Recipe #367617 and Recipe #362382. We enjoyed with chilled Cava in this Recipe #225953. Love these. I did make them small for appetizers. muchas gracias
- 1 1⁄4 ounces stuffed green olives, chopped
- 3 ounces ham, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 F and lightly grease two baking trays.
- Combine olives, ham and cheddar in a bowl. Cut about five 4-inch rounds from each pastry sheet. Spoon a tablespoon of the filling into the center of each round, fold the pastry over and crimp the edges to seal.
- Place the pastries on the trays about 2 cm apart. Brush with the egg yolk and bake in the center or top half of oven for 15 minutes, or until well browned and puffed. Swap the trays around and cook another 10 minutes, covering loosely with foil if the empanadas start to brown too much. Serve hot.