Recipe by Hadice
I'm always looking for new tofu recipes. This one is a keeper.
Top Review by Susan Lee
My vegetarian DD#2 fixed these during our Mexican cooking marathon last night! Wonderful dish! The only change she made was rolling them in whole wheat tortillas, brushing with olive oil and baking until crisp. Thanks ever so much for sharing! (I think they would be fantastic for breakfast, too)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 lb firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 12 empanada wrappers or 12 tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- While the rice is cooking, saute the garlic for 3 minutes, add the pepper, cumin, parsley, tofu, and tamari and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- With a spoon, scoop some of the filling in the upper half of the empanada round, making sure to leave a large enough border.
- Fold the lower half over the top part to form a semi-circle.
- Press the edges together and go around the edge with the teeth of a fork to seal it.
- Place on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.