Recipe by Ang11002
Yummy, sweet version of an empanada...popular in Latin America :)
Top Review by puppitypup
LOVED THEM! Angela, these pastries are so good, I'm going to have to hide them from myself! Quick and easy to make as well. I rolled the dough to 1/8" thickness and got 32 cookies total. I made three different fillings: pineapple, orange and pumpkin, loved them all but I would say the orange was my favorite. I misread the directions and rolled them in the powdered sugar before baking, then I just dusted them afterwards to make them pretty. Edited to say that OF THE 350 RECIPES I REVIEWED IN 2008, THIS HAS GONE INTO MY TOP 20 FAVORITES COOKBOOK.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 113.39 g cream cheese
- 226.79 g jar pineapple preserves, well drained
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar, for rolling (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except preserves.
- Knead into dough, roll out and cut with biscuit cutter, making a round circle.
- Place slightly less than a teaspoon of preserves in each cut shape.
- Fold and crimp edges together with fork.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees F until light beige, about 12 minutes.
- After baking, roll in confectioners' sugar.