Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Yummy, sweet version of an empanada...popular in Latin America :)
Make and share this Empanadas De Pina (Pineapple) recipe from Food.com.
- Mix all ingredients except preserves.
- Knead into dough, roll out and cut with biscuit cutter, making a round circle.
- Place slightly less than a teaspoon of preserves in each cut shape.
- Fold and crimp edges together with fork.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees F until light beige, about 12 minutes.
- After baking, roll in confectioners' sugar.
LOVED THEM! Angela, these pastries are so good, I'm going to have to hide them from myself! Quick and easy to make as well. I rolled the dough to 1/8" thickness and got 32 cookies total. I made three different fillings: pineapple, orange and pumpkin, loved them all but I would say the orange was my favorite. I misread the directions and rolled them in the powdered sugar before baking, then I just dusted them afterwards to make them pretty. Edited to say that OF THE 350 RECIPES I REVIEWED IN 2008, THIS HAS GONE INTO MY TOP 20 FAVORITES COOKBOOK.
very easy-- I had to leave mine in for about 15 minutes but I also made pretty large empanadas. Thanks for a great recipe.
These things are addicting! Just delicious and really very easy to make. I loved the filling! Will make these again, especially for holidays. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.