Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is Empanadas De Pina (Pineapple), with my changes. I wanted to post a review to Ang11002's recipe (5 stars from me; they were scrumptious!), but I counldn't get the buttons to save, print, review, etc. to come up. So, since I added a couple of things and think the recipe should be doubled anyways (I didn't want to share them, they were too good), here's my version.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces pineapple preserves, drained
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Combine all ingredients except the preserves, mix well.
- Knead into a dough; roll out and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place about 1 tsp (a little less) in center of each circle; fold over and crimp edges with fork to seal.
- Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes until light golden. Dust with powdered sugar.