- Marinate beef in a glass bowl with the juice of lemon and lime, 2-3 sprigs of oregano and chili to taste for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Sift flour with baking powder and salt; beat eggs, warm the milk, melt the shortening and add.
- Mix to make a stiff dough, cut into 20 pieces and roll each into a small circle. (Alternately, use frozen pastry.) Chop (not grind) the meat. Chop the onions and fry in the oil; mix in spices, salt to taste, and beef.
- Saute until meat turns grey.
- Place a spoonful of mixture on each dough circle; add slices of egg, olive and raisins.
- Fold in two, brush edges with milk and seal.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven until lightly browned.