1/4 Photos of Empanadas (Appetizer)
Put these babies on your next Mexican menu. You won't be disappointed. Cook time does not include browning the beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make beef filling, crumble and saute beef and onion in a skillet until beef is cooked and onion is soft.
- 2Drain; stir in red chile salsa, chile powder, cumin, garlic powder, coriander, salt and pepper.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Place thawed patty shell dough on a floured board and roll out all in one piece to about 1/16 inch thickness.
- 5Cut dough into rounds with a 3 inch round cookie cutter or a large drinking glass.
- 6Put 2 teaspoons of filling on each dough circle.
- 7Fold each over into a half circle.
- 8Moisten edges with water and press edges together with a fork.
- 9Place empanadas slightly apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 10Prick tops with a fork.
- 11Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown; serve hot.
- 12These may be wrapped carefully after baking and frozen.
- 13To reheat, bake frozen empanadas uncovered at 400 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Empanadas (Appetizer)
Serving Size: 1 (623 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.3
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 96.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g