Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped olive
- salt & pepper
- croissant dough or phyllo dough
- Cook beef, onions, oregano, cumin and red pepper till onions are almost transparent.
- Turn off burner and add raisins, olives, salt and pepper.
- The dough should be in the shape of a circle 4-5 inches in diameter (shape croissant dough or cut circles in phyllo).
- Place 1 Tablespoon of filling in the middle.
- Fold dough in half and press edges together.
- Make a seal by folding over the edge of the dough.
- Brush top of empanadas with milk and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 425F degree oven until browned on bottom and top.
My guests were surprised at how delicious you empanadas were. I would recommend this recipe highly.