Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is one of my favorite empanada dough recipes. You can fill the pastry with your choice of fruit filling or meat, whichever you prefer. I like to cook shredded pork in my crockpot and fill these pies and serve with a warm sauce and my Enchilada Soup. You can't go wrong with this recipe.
Top Review by Hanka
This is the recipe I was looking for.The dough is nice and crispy, buttery and has a great texture and flavor. I used light Philadelphia cream cheese and 1/4 tsp. salt. I had 15 4-inch small empanadas filled with sauted mixture of onion,zucchini,red bell pepper,carrot,bacon and cheese. This dough would be great for chicken pot pie or apple pie as well. Next time I will double the recipe. Thank you
Directions See How It's Made
- DAY BEFORE:.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together until smoothly blended.
- Beat in the flour.
- Shape dough into a smooth ball; wrap in foil or cling wrap, and refrigerate overnight or up to a week.
- AT BAKING TIME:.
- Remove dough from refrigerator 30 minutes before using.
- Start heating oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll chilled dough thin.
- Cut with 3 or 4 inch round cookie cutter.
- Place small spoonful of filling in center of each round, moisten edges with water.
- Fold round over and press edges together.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 15 to 20 minutes.