1/4 Photos of Empanada De Queso (Cheese Pastries)
Another wonderful appetizer from Latin American Cooking - Delisious!! Almost addictive. (1 hour chill time not in cook time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour with the salt, sugar and baking powder in a bowl.
- 2Add the butter and cut into the flour with a pastry blender or 2 knives.
- 3Beat the egg yolks lightly and combine with the milk.
- 4Stir into the flour to form a soft dough.
- 5Wrap in waxed paper and chill for 1 hour.
- 6Beat the egg whites and fold in the grated cheese and chili powder.
- 7Roll out the dough as thinly as possible on a floured board.
- 8Cut the dough into 48 circles with a glass.
- 9Place 1/3 tablespoon of the cheese mixture on half of the circles and cover with the remaining circles.
- 10Moisten the edges with a little water and press together.
- 11Arrange the pastries on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 375f degree oven for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Empanada De Queso (Cheese Pastries)
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 149.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g