Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
The best meat pie in the world, Chileno stylz.
Make and share this Empanada De Chile recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg plain flour
- 709.77 ml milk, tepid
- 125 g butter, melted
- 29.58 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml salt
- 300 g onions, diced
- 500 g minced meat
- 4 eggs, boiled
- 100 g olives, pitted
- 100 g sultanas
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 200 ml oil
- 9.85 ml salt
- Pre heat Oven to 180c.
- Making the dough.
- On a clean bench combine flour, baking powder and salt, make a well in the centre, add butter and milk. Gradually mixing together until a dough forms, knead for a couple of minutes. At this stage if too dry add some more milk, if too wet add some more flour, until a nice dough consistency.
- Lightly dust with some flour and then place a tea towel over your dough and let it rest.
- Making the filling.
- In a saucepan heat your oil up on a medium heat, sautee off the diced onions until translucent, add your garlic and then your mince meat. Break up the mince just like you would for a bolognaise sauce, add your seasoning, salt and pepper, then your cummin and paprika. Cook and simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Turn off and let it cool.
- Portion a piece of dough into a ball to about 200g, then roll it out using a rolling pin and some flour on a bench to a size of about your hand.
- Place about 3 tbspn of cold mince in the centre, add a quarter of a boiled egg a couple of pieces of olives and a pinch of sultanas.
- Brush a bit of egg wash on half the dough and fold the dough over like a pastie. Then twist and fold the edges together.
- Place on a oiled tray and baste with some egg wash.
- Bake for about 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Then Enjoy one of Chile's most popular dishes.