1/3 Photos of Empanada De Chile
The best meat pie in the world, Chileno stylz.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg plain flour
- 3 cups milk, tepid
- 125 g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1Pre heat Oven to 180c.
- 2Making the dough.
- 3On a clean bench combine flour, baking powder and salt, make a well in the centre, add butter and milk. Gradually mixing together until a dough forms, knead for a couple of minutes. At this stage if too dry add some more milk, if too wet add some more flour, until a nice dough consistency.
- 4Lightly dust with some flour and then place a tea towel over your dough and let it rest.
- 5Making the filling.
- 6In a saucepan heat your oil up on a medium heat, sautee off the diced onions until translucent, add your garlic and then your mince meat. Break up the mince just like you would for a bolognaise sauce, add your seasoning, salt and pepper, then your cummin and paprika. Cook and simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Turn off and let it cool.
- 8Portion a piece of dough into a ball to about 200g, then roll it out using a rolling pin and some flour on a bench to a size of about your hand.
- 9Place about 3 tbspn of cold mince in the centre, add a quarter of a boiled egg a couple of pieces of olives and a pinch of sultanas.
- 10Brush a bit of egg wash on half the dough and fold the dough over like a pastie. Then twist and fold the edges together.
- 11Place on a oiled tray and baste with some egg wash.
- 12Bake for about 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 13Then Enjoy one of Chile's most popular dishes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Empanada De Chile
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1425.7
- Calories from Fat 639
- Total Fat 71.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 259.2 mg
- Sodium 2734.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 154.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 42.4 g