1 hr 30 mins
This is a Filipino (spanish inspired probably) food that I think resembles a sort of turnover. Someone requested this before on the message board. I got this form the recipes given to us in HS. Dont know how long it would take and make
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix beaten eggs, water, salt and sugar and mix well.
- 2Add this to the flour and knead well until very smooth.
- 3Let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- 4Roll on board slightly dusted with cornstarch until very thin.
- 5With pork lard brush surface thoroughly.
- 6Start rolling tightly as jelly roll.
- 7Cut very fine around 2 mm.
- 8Set aside.
- 9On the same dough, pinch a portion and make as many as the ojadre (the rolled one) put the ojadre on top of the small ones, brush with melted lard, cover with banan leaf as thin as posible to a round form.
- 10Put 1 tbsp filling in the center, put 1 sliced of hard boiled eggs, form the empanada, as turnover, flute the edges and fry in deep hot fat until golden brown.
- 11To prepare filling: heat lard, add garlic, onions and ground pork.
- 12Cook for a while.
- 13Add diced potatoes and all the ingredients, cook until all ingredients are tender.
- 14Season to taste.
- 15Add 4 tbsp flour, stir very welll until all ingredients have blended.
- 16Let cook until ready to use.
Nutritional Facts for Empanada
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.9
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 96.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: