A recipe from the book Traditional Portugese Cooking, which I bought in Lisbon. I have not tried this but am posting it by request. Appologies for the vague directions but they are all I can offer as the book is not precise. I think some details were lost in translation! Servings and cooking time are guesses on my part. I can however offer this from someone who has made the recipe and liked it: "I've grated my onions and my carrots before cooking them. I haven't used muffin pans, but rolled the pastry into circles, put some filling in the center and put another circle on top and pressing the edges together. I've alse painted the tops with a little milk for a browner appearance."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pan, place the chicken, sausage, onions, carrot, wine, margarine, salt and piripiri.
- 2Cover with water and let stew over a low heat until it is well cooked.
- 3Remove from the heat and separate the flesh from the skin and bones.
- 4Cut and shred all the ingredients into little bits.
- 5Dilute the flour in the milk and add to the sauce of the stew, putting it over a low heat to thicken.
- 6Return the meat and other shredded ingredients to the pot.
- 7Grease little muffin tins with butter and line them with puff pastry.
- 8Fill and cover them with more pastry, sealing the edges together.
- 9Bake in a hot oven until they are just coloured.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Empadas De Galinha - Chicken Pies
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.8
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 421.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 27.9 g