Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Really an effective spice blend...I got it in one of Maharishi Ayurveda newsletters and thought of sharing here !Hope this will help you melt your blues away.. :-))
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon crushed black cumin (for women only)
- Mix the spices together and store in an airtight container.
- Saute small amounts in butter/ghee to spice vegetables and grains.
This looked very interesting and a good way to use up those herbs in the cabinet. I've mainly used it on veggies and will use again. Thanks.
This is the fourth or fifth time that I have made a double batch of this recipe! I use the black cumin (available at any indian grocery) and it helps to create a really intriguing and unique flavor.
I am just begining to learn a bit about Ayurveda, and I don't really feel like I can comment on the 'emotional balancing' effects of this. But I can tell you, it tastes great! I used it in Coconut Rice (Nasi Lemak) #69488 (which calls for a similar spice mixture) and it was terrific. I have also added it to some sauteed veggies, and it is also very nice. Rich flavors, not too spicy and just plain tasty. I have to say, I did not add the black cumin, but I can see how that would be a nice addition. Thanks for posting, Mini! I'm glad I have a nice jar of this in the cupboard for future use.