Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my favorite dinner.
- 12 manicotti
- 20 ounces ground turkey
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Saute turkey, spinach, garlic, carrot, salt, sage, fennel and cayenne until turkey is no longer pink. Drain.
- Combine pasta sauce and basil. Spread 1 cup of sauce on the bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Stir ricotta, egg, parmesan cheese, and 1/2 the mozzarella into the turkey mixture. Spoon turkey mixture into the manicotti noodles and place in pan. Cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
Easy and delicious. My kids were fighting for the leftovers. Thanks!
Absolutely fantastic. My brother-in-law loved it so much he said it could be served in a restaurant
My sister made this for dinner and it was so good I had to get the recipe. It took a little time to make but worth every second.