Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the creamiest and richest shepherd's pie I have ever had. It freezes well and the kids love it too! Great way to stretch a buck!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn kernels
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup milk, more if needed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large pot with salted boiling water add the potatoes and boil until fork tender, about 25 minutes.
- In a large skillet add the ground beef and onion as well as the salt and pepper and garlic powder and cook until the ground beef is fully cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Once cooked drain the ground beef mixture and spread it evenly into a large square or rectangular shaped Pyrex dish or similar.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them adding the milk first and then the butter gradually. Make sure that no lumps are visible.
- Open the creamed corn and spread over the meat mixture, spread evenly. Then add the wholes kernel corn and spread evenly. Finally spread the potatoes evenly on top of the entire mixture.
- Ready to eat! Serve with warm biscuits or a nice green salad!