1/2 Photos of Emi's Granola Bars
Japanese Delight's Note:
My older sister gave me this recipe. I don't know where she got it from so she gets full credit. They are absolutely delicious! They are great snack to have handy. When I made them, I used cranberries and apricots for the fruit, and toasted walnuts for the nut. I toasted the wheat germ together with the oats. This is what she said when she gave me the recipe: "This is the basic recipe, but I added ground flax meal, and substituted the apricots with dried blueberries, soy milk for cow's milk, and vanilla extract for orange extract."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup shredded dried unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup blanched almond, chopped
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1Spread oats in a 10- by 15-inch baking pan. Bake in a 300 degree oven until oats are toasted, about 25 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent scorching.
- 2Pour into a large bowl. Add apricots, raisins, coconut, almonds, dry milk, and wheat germ; mix well. Mix hot oats into dried fruit mixture.
- 3Spray the baking pan; set aside.
- 4In a small sauce pan, combine corn syrup and sugar; bring to a rolling boil over medium high heat and quickly stir in the peanut butter, orange extract, and orange peel.
- 5At once, pour over the oatmeal mixture and mix well. Quickly spread in greased pan an press into an even layer. Pour the chocolate chips over the top of the bars, and heat under a broiler for a couple of minutes to melt the chocolate, and spread with a butter knife evenly. Then cover and chill until firm, at least 4 hours or until next day.
- 6Cut into 1-1/2 x 2-1/2 inch bars, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to a month, or freeze.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emi's Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.4
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 114.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g