Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Very good, made this for family dinner last night and everyone really enjoyed it. Easily prepared, I thought about serving it with pasta but went with rice in the end, and herb-stuffed tomatoes to accompany. I love the rosti suggestion also! Another time! Thanks for a lovely recipe, made for Aus/NZ swap#31
- 1 lb veal cutlet, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Julienne veal and prosciutto.
- Heat the butter and when hot (but not browning) add the veal and stir rapidly.
- Salt and pepper. Add the prosciutto and stir fry briefly. Use a slotted spoon to remove the meat.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook until wilted. Add the shallots and cook about a minute, then add the wine.
- Cook, stirring, until liquid is almost completely reduced, then add the cream.
- Cook about 5 minutes over high heat, stirring. Add the meats and juices.
- Combine and cook quickly until piping hot.
- Check seasoning; salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately with rosti potatoes (traditional) or egg noodles.