Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb veal cutlet, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Julienne veal and prosciutto.
- Heat the butter and when hot (but not browning) add the veal and stir rapidly.
- Salt and pepper. Add the prosciutto and stir fry briefly. Use a slotted spoon to remove the meat.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook until wilted. Add the shallots and cook about a minute, then add the wine.
- Cook, stirring, until liquid is almost completely reduced, then add the cream.
- Cook about 5 minutes over high heat, stirring. Add the meats and juices.
- Combine and cook quickly until piping hot.
- Check seasoning; salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately with rosti potatoes (traditional) or egg noodles.
Very good, made this for family dinner last night and everyone really enjoyed it. Easily prepared, I thought about serving it with pasta but went with rice in the end, and herb-stuffed tomatoes to accompany. I love the rosti suggestion also! Another time! Thanks for a lovely recipe, made for Aus/NZ swap#31
This was exceptional! If you like stroganoff, you will LOVE this dish! If veal and prosciutto weren't so pricey, I would make this every week, without a doubt. I didn't feel the need to add salt, for the prosciutto was salty enough. The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't pronounce it, lol.. I served this with the suggested poppy/peas pasta and will do both again! Thanks.
We thought this was fantastic!!! Worth the expense in my opinion. The veal and prosciutto went together splendidly. Also this is really quite easy to put together. we served ours with linguine and some fresh bread. Nice and creamy!!