1/1 Photo of Emily's Traveling Beans
Journey 88's Note:
Since becoming a vegetarian, my daughter Emily has been very careful about checking out bean dishes for meat seasonings. Since beans are an important part of her diet, she developed this recipe to also accommodate her aversion to onions. Whenever a potluck is planned, it is expected that she will bring her beans, hence the name.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain and rinse beans together in a colander and allow to drain.
- 2Place in a 2 Quart Baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients thoroughly and pour over beans. Mix gently to coat. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until bubbly and warm.
- 3You may also assemble as directed in a crockpot and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- 4This recipe is easily doubled for potlucks or parties.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emily's Traveling Beans
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.0
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 640.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.4 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 25.0 g