Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My friend Emily made these a couple weeks ago and I thought they were amazing! My lips were on fire but they were so addictive!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- Place chicken in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag with 1/2 cup hot sauce (she used Louisiana Wing Sauce from the Dollar Tree) and marinate for a couple hours.
- Add flour, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and salt to the bag and shake.
- Beat the 2 egg whites in one bowl.
- In a separate, shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cayenne pepper and remaining garlic powder.
- Dip marinated chicken into the egg whites then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken on greased baking sheet and bake at 400 F for 8 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and bake an additional 8 minutes, or until done.
- In a saucepan heat butter and 1 cup hot sauce. Dip baked chicken strips in hot sauce-butter mixture and return to oven for a few minutes.