Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My sister-in-law's delicious recipe for Mongolian Beef. I love it because it's easy to prepare, and then let the crock pot do the hard work!
- 1 lb flank steak (I also use stew meat, or what I have on hand)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- Cut meat into bite size pieces.
- Shake with cornstarch.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Fry in oil for 2-4 minutes.
- Put in crock pot.
- Mix all other ingredients together and add to crock pot.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours.
- Serve over steamed rice.
delicious! I used less sugar and more ginger and I followed the advice of other reviewers and used about 6 or so green onions.
Very Good! Simple to make. Impressed a dinner guest and I had leftovers to take for lunch at work the next day. I used 5 green onions...might even use more next time. Mongolian Beef is supposed to be onion-y right? Thanks for the recipe...from one Emily to another!
I have a similar recipe from allrecipe.coms except it calls for 1/2 C brown sugar and 1/2 C hoisin sauce. All other ingredients and instructions are the same. I think the hoisin gives it a nice flavor.