Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 mins
Everyone likes this recipe! It is the most often requested recipe from our house. Try it. We make a batch about once a week. It makes 100+ cookies.
- 2 cups margarine
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 6 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream margarine and sugars.
- Add vanilla and eggs.
- Mix flour salt and baking soda together in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the margarine sugar egg mixture.
- (It will be dry do not add water.) Mix well but for a short time.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Mix shortly.
- Refrigerate dough 2 hrs (optional.).
- Spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
- Roll dough into 1-inch diameter balls.
- Space balls with about 2 inches apart.
- (We usually have 20 to a sheet.) Put in oven bake at 325.
- Play around with the temperature.
- We have had success at 270-350.
- Check after 7 minutes.
- The cookies should be brown on the edges but not all over.
- The cookies continue to cook once removed from the oven.
- Happy Baking!