Recipe by ketchupqueen
I have no idea who Emily was, but it's been in the family for a long time. My mom used to make this whenever we had an excess of brown bananas. Even yummier than banana bread! If you wish, you can frost with cream cheese frosting, but it's wonderful as is, especially hot from the oven with milk.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons sour milk (if you don't have sour milk, mix a few drops of vinegar with fresh milk)
- 1 cup very over-ripe banana, mashed (3 or 4)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour, salt, and mace slowly as you beat.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased, lightly floured pan (9 x 13 works well) and bake about 30-35 minutes, or until cake is golden-brown and a toothpick comes out clean.