Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I don't know who Emilie is, all I know is that this is very good. From the Beyond Macaroni and Cheese cookbook. Again, I tweeked the original a bit.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except topping. Place in 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix topping and spread over top.
- Bake 35 minutes or until bubbly.
This is very yummy. I followed the recipe as written but I will make a few changes based on my personal taste. This dish is a little too salty so next time I will add a small jar of chopped pimentos to mix things up a bit or maybe even green chilis. I will definately omit the chips topping, the dish is wonderful without it plus who needs the extra fat, Right? Thanks for posting, I will make a again for sure!