Recipe by djshapiro2001
This recipe came from my Mom who made it for church suppers. She was so happy that there were never any leftovers to bring home.
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 small chopped bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup instant rice (uncooked)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 (17 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- white pepper, to tast
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and bell pepper in the margarine.
- Combine all ingrediates except 1/2 cup of cheese in a large bowl.
- Pour into a 8X11 casserole pan.
- Sprinke remaining 1/2 cup grated cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. If using a deeper casserole pan, baking time will be longer.