Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from my Mom who made it for church suppers. She was so happy that there were never any leftovers to bring home.
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 small chopped bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup instant rice (uncooked)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 (17 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- white pepper, to tast
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (optional)
- Saute the onion and bell pepper in the margarine.
- Combine all ingrediates except 1/2 cup of cheese in a large bowl.
- Pour into a 8X11 casserole pan.
- Sprinke remaining 1/2 cup grated cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. If using a deeper casserole pan, baking time will be longer.