Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this off Food Network awhile ago. This is a regular in our house. I love having the leftovers and we enjoy the strong cheeses. This is easy to make and full of flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- white pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 lb arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- In a large pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil. When hot, add the onion, salt and pepper. Saute for 3 minutes, or until the onions are slightly soft. Add the stock and garlic.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 6 minutes. Add the rice and simmer for 18 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the mixture is creamy and bubbly. Add the butter, cream, cheese and chives.
- Reseason with salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes and serve immediately.
This was a recipe that we used at our Twisted Sister's Cookie Club Event. We loved it. Really good and we all gave it 5 stars! YUM.
Best and easiest risotto we have ever made. We have made it with just parmesan at times when that was all that we had and it is still delicious. We usually have to add more chicken broth than it calls for and we also usually add a bit of white wine for flavor. Thanks for posting!
I loved the ease and taste of this risotto. I didn't stir constantly and it still turned out fine! I added a bit more of the cheeses than indicated because I love cheese.