Recipe by Tish
Got this kid friendly recipe from Emeril Lagasse. It is definitely good for a whole meal, salad on the side.
Top Review by Laylagirl
You are right, this was a great kid-friendly dish. I made this the other night for my kids and grandkids. Very cheesy and rich. The tater tots baked crsip and were not mushy. A hands-down winner from my family. Thanks Tish.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- white pepper
- 2 cups grated yellow cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen tater tots, thawed (brand of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 by 9 by 2-inch square baking dish with the butter.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup of the yellow cheddar cheese, 1 cup of the white cheddar cheese, the ham and the tater tots.
- Mix the mixture thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.