Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got this kid friendly recipe from Emeril Lagasse. It is definitely good for a whole meal, salad on the side.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 by 9 by 2-inch square baking dish with the butter.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup of the yellow cheddar cheese, 1 cup of the white cheddar cheese, the ham and the tater tots.
- Mix the mixture thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
You are right, this was a great kid-friendly dish. I made this the other night for my kids and grandkids. Very cheesy and rich. The tater tots baked crsip and were not mushy. A hands-down winner from my family. Thanks Tish.
I would rate this recipe as 3 stars mostly because its very bland. My son picked at it. I was hoping to lure him to eat something other than mac and cheese. Not as good since he only at a little but he didn't throw it all over the floor either. As far as adults, this definitely needs a little zing. Perhaps add in some green onions and a some more spices - maybe a lot of pepper. Maybe some veggies.
YUMMY!! These tater tots are delicious. My entire family gobbled them up. Very cheesy and entirely a comfort food for me. I think I could have eaten the whole thing if I let myself. A must for starch and cheese lovers. Thanks Tish