Recipe by Brianna's mom
Awesome tartar sauce made by Emeril. Found on Emeril's web page. Is very good and tangy with just a little kick.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions (green part only) or 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped (green part only)
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard or 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the egg, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, green onions, and relish in a food processor or blender and process for 15 seconds.
- With the motor running, pour the oil through the feed tube in a slow steady stream.
- Add the cayenne, mustard, and salt and pulse once or twice to blend.
- Cover and let stand in refrigerator for 1 hour before using.
- Best if used within 24 hours.