1/4 Photos of Emeril's Sweet Potato Bacon Biscuits
Spongebob Chefpants's Note:
Emeril Lagasse, 2003
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato, cooled
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 5 slices cooked bacon, drained and crumbled
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or up to 1 cup if needed)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- 3In a bowl; stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4Add the butter and work in with a pastry blender or your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5In a bowl; whip the sweet potatoes with the brown sugar until very smooth. Add to the flour mixture and mix in lightly but thorougly with your fingers.
- 6Add 3/4 cup of the buttermilk and the bacon and gently work to make a smooth dough, slightly sticky, being careful not to overwork and adding more buttermilk as needed, 1 tsp at a time.
- 7Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and pat out into a large rectangle about 1/2-inch thick. Cut into 10 large biscuits and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- 8Bake until golden brown and risen, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 9Remove from the oven and serve hot with butter.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Sweet Potato Bacon Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.2
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 393.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g