1/2 Photos of Emeril's Stuffed Bell Peppers or Sweet Banana Peppers
Comes from food network. My daughter and I made these all summer long while our gardens were overflowing with bell peppers and sweet bannana peppers. Recipe lists, either bell peppers or sweet banana peppers, not both, example; 4 med. bell peppers or 8 large banana peppers. They freeze well too. If you don't want to bother with Emeril's Essence, you can substitute a seasoned salt of choice (that's what we do.) Make sure to add the water when you cook the peppers this keeps them from drying out, also.... others have suggested adding some butter and more cheese on top of the peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb pork sausage
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups rice (cooked)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped-green part only)
- 4 medium bell peppers (sliced in half, seeds removed..optional)
- 8 large sweet banana peppers (sliced in half, seeds removed ..optional)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 8 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet, brown sausage about 3 min., add onions, chopped peppers and celery; season with salt and pepper.
- 3Saute for 4-5 minutes , add rice, mix well, season with salt & pepper & cook 3 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat, stir in green onions & parsley.
- 5Season the insides of bell peppers with salt , spoon meat mixture into bell peppers.
- 6In a mixing bowl combine bread crumbs,parmesan & Emeril's Essence or seasoned salt and sprindkle over each pepper.
- 7Cook peppers in a shallow pan with just enough water to cover the bottom of pan and bake 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Stuffed Bell Peppers or Sweet Banana Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.1
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 655.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence