Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
This is just tooo yummy for words. We always serve this with Emeril's Garlicky Bread Soup. Garlic-lover's heaven!!
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 cup artichoke heart, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 loaf French bread
- To make Garlic Aioli:.
- In the bowl of a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, combine the egg, mustard, garlic and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. With the machine running, add the oil in a steady stream slowly until the mixture is pale in color and thick. Remove from the processor and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- To assemble the Spicy Garlic Bread:.
- Preheat oven to 400. In a mixing bowl, combine the aioli, jalapenos, artichoke hearts and parmesan cheese. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the bread in half lengthwise (if not already cut). Spread the mixture over each half of the bread. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake until golden and bubbly. About 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before slicing.
"Too yummy for words" is exactly right. You don't want to MISS this standout recipe (people!). I halved the recipe (since I was low on lemon juice) but used the full amount of peppers. This was surprisingly quick to whip up in my "Magic Bullet" processor. I had been saving a can of artichoke hearts someone had given me, waiting to find the right recipe, and this was the right one! My husband and son loved it, too, and I know my husband doesn't even like artichokes. I used a garlic that I had broiled for 10 minutes and loved the aioli instead of mayo. I had plenty of mixture for the whole loaf of bread. Thanks for posting, Angel91805, such a terrific recipe! Roxygirl