Our favorite stew recipe with a few adjustments. So tasty and SO easy!
Make and share this Emeril's Slow Cooker Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons yogurt spread
- 1 lb button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups beef stock, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 lb new potato, quartered
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Set a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to the pan and season the beef with 1 teaspoon of the salt, 1 teaspoon creole seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon of the black pepper.
- Sear the beef (in 2 batches) in the saute pan for about 2 or 3 minutes per side.
- Add the spread, mushrooms, flour, veal stock, tomato paste, herbs, spices, and browned meat to a slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and set the temperature to high. Cook for 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes and carrots and continue to cook the stew for another 7 hours.
- During the last hour of cooking, add the pearl onions and replace the lid.
- Once the stew is cooked, stir in the peas and parsley and serve immediately.
This is the first beef stew recipe I have made and what a great one it is. I made this tonight for some friends and everyone devoured it voraciously. I love this spices and how it adds more than just a meaty flavor. Also this was super easy to make.
Loved this! It can be difficult to find crock pot recipes that are flavorful! Too often the flavor seems to cook out before it's done. I didn't have to add anything at all before serving. The only thing I changed was the yogurt spread. Didn't have it so used a combo of light butter and butter substitute. Also, I was out of mushrooms, so I started without it, ran to the store, picked up pre-sliced mushrooms and dumped them in when I got home. About a 45 minute delay. Then I added next ingredients about 45 minutes later. From then on, I adhered to the script and had GREAT results! Enjoy!