Chef GreanEyes's Note:
Very rich and messy and ohhhh sooo good!! Got this from either and Emeril site or food network. He's such a genious!! I never used the lemon zest and used regular onions in place of green onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 loaf garlic bread
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated fine, to garnish
- 1In bowl, lightly season shrimp with essence.
- 2In large skillet or saute pan, melt butter and heat oil over med heat.
- 3Add garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne and cook, stirring, until garlic is soft and fragrant but not browned, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add wine and bring to boil.
- 5Cook, stirring occasionally, until wine is reduced by half.
- 6Lower heat to med-high, add shrimp, lemon juice, worcestershire, and lemon zest and cook, till shrimp are pink.
- 7Stir in parsley and basil, remove from heat.
- 8Season to taste.
- 9To serve, spoon shrimp and sauce into bottom half of prepared garlic bread. Sprinkle lightly with cheese and top with the remaining garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Shrimp Scampi Po-Boy on Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.9
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 495.2 mg
- Sodium 2323.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 49.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence