- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 loaf garlic bread
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated fine, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, lightly season shrimp with essence.
- In large skillet or saute pan, melt butter and heat oil over med heat.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne and cook, stirring, until garlic is soft and fragrant but not browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to boil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until wine is reduced by half.
- Lower heat to med-high, add shrimp, lemon juice, worcestershire, and lemon zest and cook, till shrimp are pink.
- Stir in parsley and basil, remove from heat.
- Season to taste.
- To serve, spoon shrimp and sauce into bottom half of prepared garlic bread. Sprinkle lightly with cheese and top with the remaining garlic bread.