Recipe by Marsha D.
I love to watch Emeril Live. He made this recipe and it looked so good I just had to get the recipe. I haven't ever used both potatoes before in a casserole. Thought it would be very interesting to see what it tasted like. :) I changed the cheese to what we like.
- 1 lb idhao potato, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 cups heavy cream (or more)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, more to your own taste
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese (Swiss cheese is recommended) or 8 ounces cheese, of your choice (Swiss cheese is recommended)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400'.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 baking dish with butter.
- Bring cream to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add potatoes, layering while dropping in cream.
- Add salt and pepper and stir well.
- (Add more cream if needed to cover potatoes).
- Lower heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat when potatoes are fork tender.
- With a large spoon, transfer potatoes to baking dish, making a even layer.
- Top with half the cheese and half cream from pan and continue layering with potatoes and cheese, ending with cheese.
- Top with of cream in pan, just enough to cover the potatoes. Discard any remaining cream.
- Place the baking dish on a baking sheet to keep from cream over flowing in oven.
- Bake 30 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes before serving.