Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It's a new twist on an old favorite...and another super kid-friendly recipe from "Emeril's There's a Chef in My Soup! Recipes for the Kid in Everyone" (2002).
- 3 tablespoons extra-crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves (or other jam or jelly)
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- 4 slices sandwich bread (such as whole wheat or white)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, strawberry preserves, and marshmallow cream. Stir with a spoon just until the peanut butter is swirled around with the marshmallow cream and preserves.
- Lay 2 slices of the bread on a flat work surface.
- Divide the peanut butter mixture between the 2 slices of bread, spread evenly, and top with the remaining bread slices.
- Spread both sides of each sandwich with the softened butter.
- heat a large skillet (or two small skillets) over medium-high heat, add the sandwiches to the hot skillet(s), and cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
- Turn with a turner and cook until golden on the second side, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the andwiches from the heat, place them on plates, cut in half, and serve.
- NOTES: If you want to pack this for lunch, instead of grilling, freeze your sandwich bread. Then, before taking lunch to school, spread frozen bread with PBJ mixture and wrap in plastic wrap or place in plastic baggie. Sandwich should be thawed and ready to eat in time for lunch.