It's a new twist on an old favorite...and another super kid-friendly recipe from "Emeril's There's a Chef in My Soup! Recipes for the Kid in Everyone" (2002).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra-crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves (or other jam or jelly)
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- 4 slices sandwich bread (such as whole wheat or white)
- 1In a small mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, strawberry preserves, and marshmallow cream. Stir with a spoon just until the peanut butter is swirled around with the marshmallow cream and preserves.
- 2Lay 2 slices of the bread on a flat work surface.
- 3Divide the peanut butter mixture between the 2 slices of bread, spread evenly, and top with the remaining bread slices.
- 4Spread both sides of each sandwich with the softened butter.
- 5heat a large skillet (or two small skillets) over medium-high heat, add the sandwiches to the hot skillet(s), and cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
- 6Turn with a turner and cook until golden on the second side, about 2 minutes.
- 7Remove the andwiches from the heat, place them on plates, cut in half, and serve.
- 8NOTES: If you want to pack this for lunch, instead of grilling, freeze your sandwich bread. Then, before taking lunch to school, spread frozen bread with PBJ mixture and wrap in plastic wrap or place in plastic baggie. Sandwich should be thawed and ready to eat in time for lunch.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Notches-Unknown P B J Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 357.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
extra-crunchy peanut butter