1/1 Photo of Emeril's New Orleans Style Jambalaya
1 hr 20 mins
Harried Mom's Note:
Found this recipe on the back of some Andouille sausage one time. We love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb andouille sausage, cut in rounds and quartered
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut in half moons
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence or 2 tablespoons other creole seasoning
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook sausage 5 minutes and remove from pan.
- 2Add chicken, cayenne pepper, and 1 tablespoons Emeril's essence to pan and cook 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- 3Add onions, bell peppers, remaining essence and garlic to pan and cook 8-10 minutes, until vegetables are softened. Add rice and cook, stirring 3-5 minutes.
- 4Return sausage and chicken to pan. Add stock and bay leaf. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 25 minutes; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- 5Remove bay leaf and stir in green onions and parsley to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's New Orleans Style Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.7
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.9 mg
- Sodium 767.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence