Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Found this recipe on the back of some Andouille sausage one time. We love it!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage, cut in rounds and quartered
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut in half moons
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence or 2 tablespoons other creole seasoning
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook sausage 5 minutes and remove from pan.
- Add chicken, cayenne pepper, and 1 tablespoons Emeril's essence to pan and cook 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add onions, bell peppers, remaining essence and garlic to pan and cook 8-10 minutes, until vegetables are softened. Add rice and cook, stirring 3-5 minutes.
- Return sausage and chicken to pan. Add stock and bay leaf. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 25 minutes; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and stir in green onions and parsley to serve.