Recipe by dogsandwoods
This arrived in an email from Cousin Donna just minutes ago. The email contains an attachment that says it's from E-Cookbooks.net and it is the "Insider's Recipes Master Edition". Recipezaar won't allow 1c+1T olive oil on the same line, so it appears twice. I haven't made this, so time and yield are estimates.
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup shelled pistachio nut
- 1⁄4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Place the nuts, peppers and onions on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 1T olive oil. Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and peel, seed and chop the peppers.
- In a food processor combine the nuts, peppers, onions, chili powder, cumin, salt, tamarind paste, 1T dark cane syrup, vinegar and olive oil.
- Puree until creamy, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the sauce into a saucepan.
- Whisk in the chicken stock and cream.
- Bring the sauce up to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for two minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.