These were really good! Got this recipe years ago from an old Emeril Live episode. The spices in this give it a nice zingy aftertaste that I love. Rich and hard to eat just one. I use 1 stick of butter to give it nice taste, and 1 stick of margarine to give the cookies a nice shape. I also use dark chocolate syrup and Ghirardelli chocolate chips (bittersweet).
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee powder (either mocha or espresso)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 lb margarine (2 sticks total) or 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter (2 sticks total)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 18 ounces chocolate chips (1 1 /2 bags)
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix instant coffee crystals with water and have ready before mixing up cookie batter.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon and put aside.
- In mixer, beat margarine, sugars, chocolate syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat until smooth, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients, coffee mixture, chocolate chips, and nuts and mix by hand with wooden spoon until mixed.
- Drop on baking sheet by rounded teaspoons, about 2-inches apart, and bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool and eat!
These are wonderful! I didn't have any instant mocha or espresso powder, so I used my international house of coffee powder but doubled it to the water. I used 1/2 butter and 1/2 butter flavored crisco. I didn't add walnuts as my daughter doesn't like nuts. Thank you so much for sharing!! I will definitely be making these again. :)