1/2 Photos of Emeril's Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
These were really good! Got this recipe years ago from an old Emeril Live episode. The spices in this give it a nice zingy aftertaste that I love. Rich and hard to eat just one. I use 1 stick of butter to give it nice taste, and 1 stick of margarine to give the cookies a nice shape. I also use dark chocolate syrup and Ghirardelli chocolate chips (bittersweet).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee powder (either mocha or espresso)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 lb margarine (2 sticks total) or 1/2 lb unsalted butter (2 sticks total)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 18 ounces chocolate chips (1 1 /2 bags)
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Mix instant coffee crystals with water and have ready before mixing up cookie batter.
- 3Mix flour, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon and put aside.
- 4In mixer, beat margarine, sugars, chocolate syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- 5Add eggs one at a time, beat until smooth, approximately 5 minutes.
- 6Add dry ingredients, coffee mixture, chocolate chips, and nuts and mix by hand with wooden spoon until mixed.
- 7Drop on baking sheet by rounded teaspoons, about 2-inches apart, and bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool and eat!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.1
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g