1/1 Photo of Emeril's Mac and Cheese
Yum! I love making this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter and set aside.
- 2Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
- 3Melt the remaining 5 tablespoons butter in a heavy 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Add the flour, and stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, being careful not to let the flour brown.
- 5Using a whisk, add the milk in a steady stream and cook, whisking constantly, until thick and smooth, 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 6Add the salt, pepper, cayenne, and 2 cups of the cheese, and stir well. Add the noodles and stir well. Pour into the prepared dish.
- 7In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese with the bread crumbs and Essence. Sprinkle evenly over the macaroni and bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- 8Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.2
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.1 mg
- Sodium 802.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence