1/1 Photo of Emeril's Lobster Cheesecake
1 hr 30 mins
Raquel Grinnell's Note:
I first tried this recipe at Emeril's restaurant just outside of Universal Studios amusement park in Orlando, Florida. It was the highlight of our trip! Absolutely AMAZING flavor!!!!!!!! It has been a regular for dinner parties ever since, and always gets rave reviews and requests for the recipe.... I have substituted shrimp and crab with great results, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 793.78 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 236.59 ml smoked gouda cheese, grated
- 453.59 g lobster meat, cooked and roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 473.18 ml creme fraiche
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml red onion, diced
- 198.44 g black caviar (like oestra)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, and butter, blend thoroughly. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 3In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, and the peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes, remove from the heat.
- 4Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Beat in the cream, Gouda, and sauteed vegetables until fully incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- 5Fold in the lobster meat and the parsley. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake until firm, about 1 hour.
- 6Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. If you refrigerate the cake before serving, allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- 7To serve, cut the cake into wedges with a warm knife. Serve each wedge with the creme fraiche, sprinkled with parsley and onions. Garnish with a dollop of caviar.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Lobster Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1052.8
- Calories from Fat 824
- Total Fat 91.6 g
- Saturated Fat 50.9 g
- Cholesterol 626.7 mg
- Sodium 2004.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 38.5 g