I first tried this recipe at Emeril's restaurant just outside of Universal Studios amusement park in Orlando, Florida. It was the highlight of our trip! Absolutely AMAZING flavor!!!!!!!! It has been a regular for dinner parties ever since, and always gets rave reviews and requests for the recipe.... I have substituted shrimp and crab with great results, too.
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 3⁄4 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese, grated
- 1 lb lobster meat, cooked and roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups creme fraiche
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 7 ounces black caviar (like oestra)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, and butter, blend thoroughly. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, and the peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes, remove from the heat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Beat in the cream, Gouda, and sauteed vegetables until fully incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in the lobster meat and the parsley. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake until firm, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. If you refrigerate the cake before serving, allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- To serve, cut the cake into wedges with a warm knife. Serve each wedge with the creme fraiche, sprinkled with parsley and onions. Garnish with a dollop of caviar.