Phil Franco's Note:
A present from Emeril. Don't forget to scrub the clam shells. Throw away clams that won't close.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup small-diced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 lbs littleneck clams, scrubbed clean and picked over
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Set a large 1-gallon pot of water with a pasta insert over high heat. Bring to a boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
- 2Add the uncooked pasta to the water and cook for 7 minutes. (The pasta should be undercooked.) Drain the pasta in a colander and reserve.
- 3Begin making the sauce while the pasta is cooking. Set a large 14-inch saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and once hot, add the onions and saute until lightly caramelized and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 4Add the wine and tomato paste, stir to combine well, and cook until the wine has nearly completely evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the diced tomatoes, remaining teaspoon of salt, and the par-cooked pasta to the pan, toss to combine, and bring the sauce to a boil.
- 6Add the clams to the pan and cover. Continue to cook until the shells open, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the parsley and toss to combine. Drizzle the extra-virgin olive oil over the pasta and toss to combine.
- 7Serve while hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Linguine With Red Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1106.2
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 154.3 mg
- Sodium 4896.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 75.9 g