Recipe by yooper
This is in response to a recipe request. I haven't made this, but I'm sure intrigued and the next time I have all day to cook I will definately try this!
- 680.38 g lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 236.59 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml butter
- 6 slice bacon, diced
- 113.39 g cooked ham, diced
- 226.79 g ground veal (or 1/4 pound of each) or 226.79 g ground pork (or 1/4 pound of each)
- 354.88 ml chopped onions
- 118.29 ml finely chopped carrot
- 59.14 ml thinly sliced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 0.25 ml of dried clove
- 44.37 ml tomato paste
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 946.36 ml chicken stock
- 7.39 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley
- 1064.65 ml whole milk
- 88.74 ml butter
- 88.74 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- For Bolognese Sauce: In large pot heat butter over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and ham and saute until carmelized and light brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add ground meats and cook over high heat until well browned and stirring constantly, about 20 minutes.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery and mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cloves and nutmeg to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and cook till almost evaporated.
- Add stock, simmer over medium-high heat about 45 minutes or until sauce is thickened and flavorful.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the creamand parsley and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Set aside until ready to assemble.
- Bechamel Sauce:In saucepan, melt butter over low heat and stir in flour, stirring constantly until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk to blend together.
- Set over high heat and quickly bring to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes or so until floury taste is gone.
- Remove from heat and add salt and nutmeg to taste.
- To assemble:Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a large rectangular baking dish.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of meat sauce onto the bottom of the dish.
- Cover with 1 layer of cooked lasagna noodles.
- Top with 1 layer of meat sauce, completely covering noodles, then add a light dusting of cheese.
- Repeat layering in orders given until all have been used, ending with a topping of bechamel sauce and cheese.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes with aluminum foil; then uncover and bake for 15 minutes until cheese on top is lightly golden brown.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.